Main Building

The current structure of St. Charles was built in 1922 and is a late gothic revival building.  The awesome facility features a 370 foot frontage and is topped by a five story octagonal dome. Originally, the main building housed a seminary and furnished 100 rooms for priests, brothers, and seminarians. In 1969, however, the seminary closed, and the facility was converted into a senior living community for active and retired priests and brothers, religious sisters, and lay people.  In operation for nearly two years, it is a Catholic community that welcomes residents regardless of national origin, race, or religious creed.

 

Copyright 1999-2012, St. Charles Missionaries of the Precious Blood, C.PP.S. All rights reserved.